WordPress 2.7 is a next upcoming major WordPress release. This under development version has some cool new features in the works to make WordPress even more enjoyable blogging experience. If you’re interested, you can track new features and bug fixes in WordPress 2.7 on WordPress Trac. Before it appear, dev team is preparing WordPress 2.6.1 for release.
If you’ve not upgraded to WordPress 2.6, just do it now, because WordPress 2.5.x is no more in the support.
Here’s a sneak peek of some features:
- Comments API: This’ll allow developers to add more commenting powers.
- Keyboard shortcuts for comment moderation: For faster & easier comment moderation. Though, you can still have better comment moderation with WP Ajax Edit Comments Plugin
- Theme update api: With plugin update API, plugin updataion has become easier. Now the official WordPress Theme Directory is live, a new theme update API will make theme updation a lot simple.
- Dashboard and write box rearranging: It’ll be the most welcome option to let the dashboard and editor clutter free.
- Frame-like method for moderating ping/trackbacks:
- Duplicate post Tags UI for other taxonomies:
- Sitemaps by default: Though Arnee’s Google XML Sitemap plugin is doing a great job for many years, a built-in feature will make things much easier.
- Comment threading: Some poeple will like it, who’re currently using WordPress Thread Comment.
- Batch editing of posts: Is this going to be like Batch Categories plugin?
- Subscribe To Comments plugin: This is the most widely used /bigger plugin. A built-in version is really needed.