“WL3 for Windows Home Server...allows you to change your home’s temperatures, adjust the lights or security settings, or view any supported camera securely and easily. WL3 automatically configures supported UPnP IP cameras on your home network and allows you to manually configure other IP cameras on your network or cameras that reside anywhere on the Internet. It also allows you to view and record video from cameras in your home or from public IP cameras around town, such as traffic and weather cameras. Regardless of the brand of camera, the video is displayed in the WL3 format so that all camera feeds have a consistent look and feel. Easily select any camera, choose the frame rate and screen size, manually start and stop video recording, take a snapshot of the video image, and play, pause, or stop the video stream.” Full Announcement
Windows Home Server provides a phenomenal platform for home control and it is great to see multiple vendors embracing it and providing consumers with solutions:
- mControl by Embedded Automation: http://www.embeddedautomation.com/index.html
- ipsHomecontrol 2007 (German): http://www.ipshomecontrol.de/
- Home Intelligence Platform by LAGOTEK: http://www.lagotek.com
- WL3 by HAI: http://www.homeauto.com/newsandevents/pressreleases/content/20080610WL3.asp
- And probably more I haven't heard of...