Are you still running Windows XP? I’m sure yo do. Are you tired of seeing same old look, icons and eyecandy again and again, and willing to transform your exisiting Windpws XP system to other OS without installing them. Here’re some free apps that will do, just what you’ve wished. The apps are called transformation packs, that you can download and install for free. Once installed, and the app will transform your Windows XP system to look like the OS, whose transformation pack, you’ve installed.
- Vista Transformation Pack: Vista Transformation Pack does all kinds of appearance tweaks, and makes Windows XP look like Vista. From icons, transparency to new sounds, this pack does it all to make your XP look like Windows Vista.
- Mac OS Transformation Pack: Transforms XP to look like Mac OS X 10.5. Some important components like Windows Explorer and other shell files are patched to mimic Mac OS X appearance. Work only with Windows XP SP2 (English version).
- FlyakiteOSX: Again, make your windows look like Mac OS X. However, it’s much more comprehensive than the above one. This enhancement utility does everything from registry tweaks, visual styles, sounds, icons to imitate the appearance of Mac OS X. See other screenshots here. If you’re using iTunes then make sure to deselect ‘iTunes Multi-Pugin’ option (under ‘Software’) in the installation wizard.
- Ubuntu Transformation Pack: This pack contains visual styles, icons and other patches that can give the brownish Ubuntu look to Windows XP. If you just can’t get Ubuntu working on your PC, but still love its looks, you can download this pack. [via]
- Fedora Transformation Pack: This tool is intended for making XP resemble the Fedora Linux Distro. Though the utility just packs a simple visual style, it does include icons, screensavers and wallpapers, and other Fedora-like skins for programs.