If you've been wanting to try out Windows Media Player 11, Internet Explorer 7, .NET 3.0 Framework, Remote Desktop Protocol 6.0, or User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) on Windows XP Embedded, here is your chance!
In addition to the new features included in Feature Preview 2008 there have also been some bug fixes and functional enhancements made to File Based Write Filter ( additional disk size reporting option) and to USB Boot (Improved power management).
Windows XP Embedded SP2 "Feature Preview 2008" is now available for download at Connect site, so sign up now. Here are the steps to follow if you have not previously signed up for CTP programs:
1. Use an Internet browser to visit the Microsoft Connect web site.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID.
3. Click on “Available Connections” in the left menu.
4. Scroll down the page until you see “Windows XP Embedded” and click Apply.
5. To report a problem about registration or to ask a question, visit the Contact Us page.