Before you install SP1 RC, please bear in mind the following points of advice, detailed in this short article:
- If you have a prior version of SP1 Beta installed, you must uninstall it prior to installing RC.
- This is pre-release code and will change before the final release.
- This pre-release software is provided for testing purposes only. Microsoft does not recommend installing this software on primary or mission-critical systems.
- Microsoft recommends that you backup your data prior to installing any pre-release software.
- Windows Vista SP1 Release Candidate is time-limited software. It will no longer operate after June 30, 2008 and should be uninstalled prior to that date.
- Support is through self-help and peer support via the Windows Vista SP1 forum. Assisted support (phone, email and online chat) is not available from Microsoft Support for this RC release of SP1. Support is not available via this blog.
- If you install the Service Pack 1 Release Candidate, it is strongly recommended that you also plan to install the final version of Windows Vista SP1 when it is released in the first quarter of 2008. To do this, you will be required to uninstall this pre-release code.
- You must have a genuine copy of Windows Vista installed on the computer prior to installing the Windows Vista SP1 update.