Windows Vista and SP1 focus on delivering greater performance and overall system responsiveness. By striking a balance between speed and responsiveness, Windows Vista and SP1 deliver a level of performance that has the greatest positive impact on the system’s usability. This guide looks at the following areas of performance improvement:
- Making configuration changes that help a computer feel more responsive when you use it.
- Using hardware to boost the actual physical speed of a computer.
- Making configuration changes that help a computer to start faster.
- Making the computer more reliable may help increase performance.
- Monitoring performance occasionally so that you can stop problems before they get too big.