At the Day two of Microsoft Management Summit, Brad Anderson, in his keynote announced the general availablility of the System Center 2012. Anderson also discussed how IT professionals can evolve their roles with cloud computing to help their businesses be more competitive.
In addition, Anderson provided a preview of how Microsoft’s private cloud will become even more powerful with Windows Server “8” and announced that the operating system will officially be dubbed “Windows Server 2012,” the new “cloud-optimized OS” is due out later this year.
“Cloud computing gives IT professionals an opportunity to increase their strategic value to their businesses while building new skills,” Anderson said. “Microsoft’s private cloud solutions help IT professionals become cloud innovators for their companies, managing and delivering the applications people need to be productive across private, hybrid and public clouds.”
News highlights include:
- System Center 2012 is generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
- The Walsh Group, EmpireCLS and Apartments.com are betting on the Microsoft private cloud and System Center 2012 today to more nimbly and cost effectively deliver applications to employees and customers.
- Windows Server “8” has been officially named Windows Server 2012. The new “cloud optimized OS,” due out later this year, will make the Microsoft private cloud even more powerful.
Additional news from MMS 2012:
New Microsoft Certification Program for the Cloud: Following the announcement from Microsoft Learning on April 11th, changes were made to the Microsoft Certification Program to help address the growing skills gap in the IT industry and new job roles in the cloud.
“Program changes will help technology professionals and developers gain the skills they need to plan, design, implement, and operate cloud and hybrid solutions today and into the future,” Microsoft informs.
At MMS, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) private cloud exams will be offered free to all attendees. Go here to learn more.
System Center Advisor, Microsoft’s cloud service that enables IT professionals to assess server configuration and proactively avoid problems, has been updated to support SharePoint and Exchange.
Additional details are available here.
Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track Partners deliver solutions with System Center 2012:
- Dell: Dell announced enhanced systems and systems management solutions for System Center 2012. Check out the Direct2Dell blog for more information.
- HP VirtualSystem: HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012. Visit HP’s blog for more information.
- Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi are also delivering Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track solutions with System Center 2012.