Windows Server 2012 Essentials has been released to manufacturing, and is now available for download and evaluation.
"The product will be generally available for purchase on November 1, and the hardware partners to be shipping systems by the end of the year," Microsoft stated.
Microsoft notes, that the Public beta of Windows Server 2012 Essentials has already generated strong customer response with over 23,000 downloads in just two months.
Formerly knows as Windows Small Business Server Essentials -- Windows Server 2012 Essentials is a flexible, affordable, and easy-to-use server solution designed and priced for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices that helps them reduce costs and be more productive.
Below are some quick product highlights:
- "Enable a dynamic, modern work style with access from your devices by using Remote Web Access (RWA), and take advantage of Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 devices for a superior experience with rich modern "My Server" apps.
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your data is well-protected by complementing your on-site backups with Windows Azure Online Backup, as well as utilizing integrated support for the new Windows 8 File History feature.
- Choose the email and collaboration option that's right for you, whether that's in the cloud with Office 365 or a hosted service provider, or running on a local server.
- Quickly and easily respond to increasing data capacity needs with support for Storage Spaces, which allows you to create elastic, resilient storage for your files and folders.
- Run the line-of-business applications that you depend on by leveraging our greatly improved application compatibility, now with a single logo certification for all Windows Server 2012 editions.
- Purchase with confidence knowing that your technology investment can easily grow to Windows Server 2012 Standard if the needs of your business grow.
- Deploy today with full support for 19 languages, all releasing simultaneously," informs Microsoft.
In addition, Microsoft also announced of Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 for Windows Server 2012 releasing later this month. In a blog post, Microsoft writes, "Once the RDP 8.0 Update is released later this month, it will apply to all Windows 7 SP1 instances; this includes your laptop or desktop device, as well as a Windows 7 SP1 virtual machines hosted in the datacenter and accessed through Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI) with Windows Server 2012."
"The RDP 8.0 Update will allow both the access device and the virtual machine being accessed to benefit from the same great enhancements in RemoteFX with Windows Server 2012," Microsoft adds.
Additional detail about Remote Desktop Protocol 8.0 Update is available here.
Those who are interested can download the trial version of 2012 Essential from the Microsoft download center.