Add-on software for Windows Server 2012 Essentials that include: Health Report add-in, made available the System Center Management Packs, and updated the My Server for Windows Phone app:
- Health Report Add-In for Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials Management Pack
- Windows Phone Marketplace, for the latest version of the My Server for Windows Phone app
Also, now available is the OpsMgr 2012 Monitoring Pack for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services.
"The management pack can help you identify issues before they disrupt your infrastructure, improving the availability and performance of the Windows-based servers that your business depends on."
The following features are added:
- "Remote Desktop Session Host: Remote Desktop Session Host (RD Session Host) enables a server to host RemoteApp programs or session-based desktops. Users can connect to RD Session Host servers in a session collection to run programs, save files, and use resources on those servers.
- Remote Desktop Licensing: Remote Desktop Licensing (RD Licensing) manages the licenses required to connect to a Remote Desktop Session Host server or a virtual desktop. You can use RD Licensing to install, issue, and track the availability of licenses.
- Remote Desktop Web Access: Remote Desktop Web Access (RD Web Access) enables users to access RemoteApp and Desktop Connection through the Start menu on a computer that is running Windows 8, Windows 7, or through a web browser. RemoteApp and Desktop Connection provides a customized view of RemoteApp programs and session-based desktops in a session collection, and RemoteApp programs and virtual desktops in a virtual desktop collection.
- Remote Desktop Gateway: Remote Desktop Gateway (RD Gateway) enables authorized users to connect to virtual desktops, RemoteApp programs, and session-based desktops on an internal corporate network from any Internet-connected device.
- Remote Desktop Connection Broker: Remote Desktop Connection Broker (RD Connection Broker):
- Allows users to reconnect to their existing virtual desktops, RemoteApp programs, and session-based desktops.
- Enables you to evenly distribute the load among RD Session Host servers in a session collection or pooled virtual desktops in a pooled virtual desktop collection.
- Provides access to virtual desktops in a virtual desktop collection.
- Remote Desktop Virtualization Host: Remote Desktop Virtualization Host (RD Virtualization Host) integrates with Hyper-V to deploy pooled or personal virtual desktop collections within your organization by using RemoteApp and Desktop Connection," informs Microsoft.
Get the Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services MP here.
Microsoft also published a guideance "How to retrieve files from the Windows.old folder" to help retrieve files from the Windows.old folder in Windows 8.
"If you choose not to keep your files when you upgrade to Windows 8, your files will be temporarily saved to the windows.old folder (unless you formatted your hard drive before installing). If you decide you want some or all of these files back, you can still retrieve them…"
By Either running the Recover personal files troubleshooter, or by following the manually instructions below:
- "Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter Computer in the search box, tap or click Apps, and then tap or click Computer.
- Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
- Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
- Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
- Double-tap or double-click your user name.
- Open the folders that contain the files you want to retrieve. For example, to retrieve files in the Documents library, double-click Documents.
- Copy and paste the files that you want from each folder to a folder in Windows 8.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your computer," explains Microsoft.
Get more help for Windows 8 here.