I have had a number of customers and partners asking what “Microsoft” products will be supported at the Windows Server 2008 at launch and beyond? Fair question and below is the current status. I have placed them into four categories, RTM, H1 2008, H2 2008 and not supported. Hope this helps.
What will support Windows Server 2008 at RTM?
- .NET Framework 2.0 (installed)
- .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 ( part of Application Server role )
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Dynamics CRM 4.0
- Exchange Server 2007 SP1
- Forefront Security Server 1.0
- MOSS SP1 ( installation notes for Windows Server 2008)
- SQL Server 2005 SP2
- System Center Data Protection Manager 2007
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (Formerly SMS)
- System Center Operations Manager 2007
- Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0 SP1 ( installation notes for Windows Server 2008 )
- Visual Studio 2008
- WSUS 3.0 SP1
Clearly there are some critical applications which are included in this list, including SQL, Exchange, MOSS and Windows Sharepoint Services. We will ship the Hyper-V technology 180days after RTM.
What are we planning to support in the first half of 2008?
- Dynamics AX 2009
- MOM SP1
- SCCM 2007SP1
- System Center Essentials 2001
- Forefront Client Security SP1
What are we planning to support in the second half of 2008?
- Application Virtualization 4.5
- Commerce Server 2007 SP2
- HIS 2006 SP1
- MOM 2005 SP1
- SQL Server 2008
- System Center Essentials 2007 SP1
- Windows System Center VMM 2.0
- Windows Essential Business Server
- Windows Home Server vNext
- Windows HPC Server 2008
So What will not be supported?
- SMS 2003
- System Center Reporting Manager
Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 and earlier
Some server products are missing from the list. More will be known in the coming months, but this is a pretty complete list.
Microsoft, MOSS, WS2008, Windows Server 2008, Hyper-V, Microsoft Server, Tools, Support