In the first part of this article series, we did a basic installation of Terminal Services and Terminal Services licensing and configure the Terminal Server licensing mode. In this, part two of the article series, we will finish up by installing and configuring the TS Gateway and the RDP client. Then we will make the connection and see it work.
Install the Terminal Services Gateway Service on the Terminal Services Gateway
Now we will move our attention to the Terminal Services Gateway computer. This is the machine that external clients will initially connect to when making their Terminal Services client connections.
Perform the following steps to install the Terminal Services Gateway on the Terminal Services Gateway computer:
- Open Server Manager on the Terminal Services Gateway computer. Click on the Roles node in the left pane of the console and then click the Add Role link in the right pane.
- Click Next on the Before You Begin page.
- On the Select Server Roles page, put a checkmark in the Terminal Services checkbox.
- On the Terminal Services page, click Next.
- On the Select Role Services page, put a checkmark in the TS Gateway checkbox. You will then see an Add Roles Wizard dialog box asking if you want to Add role services and features required for TS Gateway. Click the Add Required Role Services button.
Windows Server 2008, WS2008, Terminal Services, Terminal Server, Gateway, Configuration, Tips, Tricks, Tips and Tricks, Knowledgebase, Guide, Walkthrough