Microsoft Windows SBS Sustaining Engineering team has released an update to the Standard Migration Preparation Tool. The Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard Migration Preparation Tool is included in the Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard installation media, and the update adds preparation rules and fixes known issues, revealed the SBS team.
"This tool is run on the migration source server (for example, a computer that is running Windows Small Business Server 2003 or Windows Small Business Server 2008) to prepare the source server for migration," stated SBS team. This tool performs the following tasks on the source server:
- Raises the domain and forest functional level
- Updates the Active Directory schema
- Installs an update to extend the license support
- Converts Exchange Server from mixed mode to native mode
- Scans the source server to identify potential problems
To get the latest set of rules, when you launch the tool, select the option to check for updates.
For more details check the following article: