Windows developers now monetize better through the new ‘Windows Premium Ads Publishers Program,’ launched on Monday, that are basically a curated collection of the best of ad enabled apps and games.
These premium apps represent the best of inventory that advertisers can target for highest ROI on their campaigns. Ad formats used in the apps are among banner, interstitial banner, interstitial video and native ads.
Microsoft notes, to become part of this program, the apps and games satisfying a wide range of qualifying criteria, are then put through a rigorous automatic and manual review process, that checks for smooth, well defined user experience as well as make sure the ads are well placed to avoid unintentional clicks.
Once the apps are added to the program are frequently monitored to ensure the criteria, and the sustainability of their minimum daily ad request volume. And, advertisers from all partner ad networks can then identify these apps separately and serve premium, high yield ads exclusively on these apps.
The criteria the apps must meet is as follows:
- Minimum guaranteed daily ad request volume
- High viewability rate for impressions
- Good quality clicks contributing to a minimum CTR across all ad formats
- Only IAB standard ad sizes and no hidden ads
- Clean placement of banners – not adjacent, no using ad units across multiple apps
- Clear defined user flow to the point where the video and/or interstitial banner ad is shown, no pre-caching
- Controlled ad refresh behavior so that the ads returned from the mediation server are always played
- Great Store presence with clear app descriptions, high fidelity screenshots and icons uploaded to the Store along with a video trailer (preferable)
Since, the program is currently an invite only, the qualifying criteria doesn’t automatically entitle an app to become part of the premium program, says Microsoft.
Developer uploaded content as part of Store submission, are automatically used as marketing material to showcase premium apps. However, for any additional app or game screenshots, trailers and rich descriptions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.