Microsoft made available a near-final release candidate (RC) test build of Windows Phone SDK 7.1 as of August 22.
"The Windows Phone Software Development Kit (SDK) 7.1 provides you with all of the tools that you need to develop applications and games for both Windows Phone 7.0 and Windows Phone 7.5 devices. This download is the Release Candidate (RC) and provides a 'Go Live' license that enables you to develop and publish applications to the Windows Phone Marketplace," Microsoft stated.
The Windows Phone SDK includes the following
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 (RC)
- Windows Phone Emulator (RC)
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Assemblies (RC)
- Silverlight 4 SDK and DRT
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Extensions for XNA Game Studio 4.0
- Microsoft Expression Blend SDK for Windows Phone 7
- Microsoft Expression Blend SDK for Windows Phone OS 7.1
- WCF Data Services Client for Window Phone
- Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone
You Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Release Candidate here.
Also, late in the day (EST) on August 22, Microsoft officials noted that the infrastructure required for developers to submit Windows Phone "Mango" applications to the Marketplace was beginning to come online.
"The infrastructure for accepting your Mango apps is coming online as we speak! Some of you may already be seeing new content as we conduct a final round of tests. Stay tuned for a more detailed overview of the Mango app submission process within the next 24 hours," read a post on the blog.