Windows Phone Interoperability site's focus is to help developers who have been creating phone applications on various platforms ramp up quickly on the Windows Phone 7 platform. The site initially includes content designed for iPhone developers and Microsoft will also add resources for Android developers.
Resources are organized into chapters, where developers can find the following detailed guides for WinP development:
- Chapter 1: Windows Phone 7 Platform introduced to iPhone application developers
This chapter presents the architecture and main features of platforms, highlighting similarities and differences.
- Chapter2: User Interface Guidelines
This chapter presents the Microsoft's WinP7 novel user interface "Metro". It helps developers decide how to rethink the user interface for an app originally developed for the iPhone.
- Chapter 3: Developer and designer tools introduced to iPhone application developers
This chapter shows the similarities and differences between the toolsets for the iPhone and WP7, as well as the development life-cycle.
- Chapter 4: C# programming introduced to Objective-C programmers
This chapter highlights similarities and differences between the programming languages.
The WP Interoperability site also includes several videos of developers explaining how they transitioned from other platforms to WP7, and revealing their secrets for successfully designing and building apps. Groundspeak testimonial: experience developing the Geocaching phone application for Windows Phone 7:
- Geocaching story, multi-platform development and demo of the Geocaching applications on Windows Phone 7
- Design decisions (porting existing phone apps to WP7 or not), how to ramp up on the Metro user interface concepts, and how designers and developers worked as a team.
More Info: Windows Phone Interoperability