Microsoft is offering Windows Phone developers a free two day online training course hosted by two Windows Phone MVPs, designed to offer training to those devs looking to create applications and games working on the next generation of the software giant's mobile platform.
"Mango is an important leap forward in Microsoft's overall mobile strategy and the developer community has taken notice. Now is the time to embrace the "tile-and-app" UI and reap the rewards Mango provides your development team and user community," reads an excerpt from the Jump Start class' official description.
"This fast-paced, demo-rich online course features Rob Miles and Andy Wigley, two of the most sought-after Microsoft mobile development MVPs on the planet."
The Jump Start class is scheduled to kick start on August 23, 2011, between 8am-5pm PDT. There will be no less than eight hours of live online training.
According to the official schedule, the training will continue the next day, on August 24 also between 8am-5pm PDT.
Topics that will be covered includes:
- Building Windows Phone Apps with Visual Studio 2010
- Silverlight on Windows Phone - Introduction
- Silverlight on Windows Phone - Advanced
- Using Expression to Build Windows Phone Interfaces
- Windows Phone Fast Application Switching
- Windows Phone Multi-tasking & Background Tasks
- Using Windows Phone Resources (Bing Maps, Camera, etc.)
- Application Data Storage on Windows Phone
- Using Networks with Windows Phone
- Windows Azure and Windows Phone
- Notifications on Windows Phone
- XNA for Windows Phon
- Selling a Windows Phone Application.
Registration for the "Building Applications for Windows Phone Mango Jump Start" is already opened.