Today, as part of the Create Games for Windows Phone 7 Educational Series on App Hub, Microsoft launched a brand-new set of six educational items to help you get peak performance as you develop your WinP7 games. Here's what you get:
- a href="http://create.msdn.com/education/catalog/utility/performance_utility">Performance Utility- Add these powerful tools to your next game and take advantage of profiling, frames-per-second counting, and an on-screen customizable debug console, all in one handy package
- Performance Sample - If you'd like to take performance utility out for a spin and learn about 3D drawing and performance in process, try this 3D demo, already instrumented with powerful performance utility.
- Shape Rendering - Debug and tune your game with visual data using this heavily-optimized batched rendering sample that can be called from anywhere in your game to render lines, triangles, bounding boxes, frustums and spheres, all with tunable lifetimes.
- Performance Considerations for WP7 Article - Get answers to WP7 performance questions around content loading and memory management, as well as instructions on using CLR Profiler to dig deep into allocations and garbage collection.
- Best Practices for WP7 Games Article - If you've got aspirations of being on Windows Phone Marketplace, be sure to read this guide on bringing the best experiences to your potential customers. Learn the best practices around graphics, input, audio, and storage for games on WP7.
- Tombstoning for WP7 Games Article - Learn how to play best in the WP7 environment -- learn how to handle and recover from interruptions that require your game to save state, exit, and return later with state and content intact.
- Bonus: Memory Madness 4-Point Multi-Touch Lab - Curious about WP7's four-point multitouch capability? Try it out and learn how to implement it yourself with this challenging memory game!
Refernece: Educational Roadmap