Microsoft published a brand-new set of game development educational items on App Hub, in Phase 3 of the "Create Games for Windows Phone 7" educational series. In this release, you'll find a grab-bag of new content, including a multi-platform tutorial and the popular Role Playing Game Starter Kit, now for Windows Phone 7:
- Role Playing Game Starter Kit for Windows Phone 7: This popular starter kit, which contains everything you need to get started making your own Role Playing Game, has been upgraded to XNA Game Studio 4.0 for Windows, Xbox 360, and now, WinP7!
- Multi-Platform Training Kit: Honeycomb Rush: Windows, Xbox 360, and WP7 -- your game can play on them all! Follow along with this training kit to learn how to take a WP7 game into the world of Hi-Def on Windows and Xbox 360.
- Bing Maps for Windows Phone 7 Games Sample: The world is your game board! Learn how to download and display mapping data from Bing Maps in XNA Game Studio to allow location-based gaming on WinP7.
- Multiplayer Gaming Over HTTP Sample: Learn how your WP7 game can support turn-based HTTP-request multiplayer play using XNA Game Studio and WCF. Both server and client code are included.
- Reducing Load Times on Windows Phone 7 Games Article: Stuck with long load times for your game content on WP7? Learn the pro tips in this article to reduce load times and get your players to the action quickly.