Microsoft announced that “Windows Phone 7 will be available in countries around the world this holiday season.” During initial availability, “WinP7 will support 5 languages; English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Windows Phone Marketplace will support “buying & selling” apps in 17 countries; Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, UK and United States,” stated Microsoft.
- Windows Phone Live companion site gives people a central place to see pictures they’ve published, view their Live calendar and contacts, exchange OneNote files and access other information shared between phone and Web. The site will offer25GB SkyDrive and host “Find My Phone service,” which allows people to find and manage a missing phone with map, ring, lock and erase capabilities right from your PC – and all for free.
- Bing comes built in, so just about wherever you go on your WinP7, search is only a button away.”
- Music + Videos hub draw upon Zune software – WinP7 will connect with Zune software on PC through Wi-Fi to access and manage music, video, high-resolution photos and other large file content.
- Games hub features Xbox Live and gamer content and a place for you to invite friends for a friendly – or not so friendly, depending on your preference – game.
- Windows Live integration is right where you’d expect it, in places like the People and Pictures hubs.
- Office hub brings together the powerful Office suite: OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, and even SharePoint server integration. And, you can take advantage of the phone’s integration with Web based email and calendaring from Windows Live, Gmail and others, plus hosted Exchange accounts.