The all new Windows Live Hotmail promotion site has gone public with some of the changes for Windows Live Hotmail that are coming up in the Wave 3 beta. Here’s the summary:
- Speed: The coming soon page says that for broadband users, the new Hotmail will be up to 70% faster on sign in (50% for non-broadband users).
- Ever-increasing storage: Microsoft have carefully avoided using the phrase “unlimited storage”, but in a sense this is what is being offered. Afree inbox of 8GB by the end of year.
- New UI: Along with the new Wave 3 UI, in particular the new header and themes available, the new promotion site suggests that the classic and full versions of Hotmail will be combined together. Also worth mentioning here are improvements around deadling with spam.
In terms of Hotmail integrating with other Windows Live services, there’s also some details on that:
- WebIM built-in: This feature is reported to support most of the basic needs such as presence, notifications and chat via the WebMessenger dogfood.
- Integrated Calendar: If you’re on the new Windows Live Calendar beta to hear there will be integration between the two services.
- Easier to send group emails: Thanks to the new Windows Live Groups service (go ABCH!) it’ll be easier to email all those contacts in one go.