As you probably know by now, Windows Live Home is the central page for Windows Live on the Web. It provides an easy jumping-off point to all your Windows Live web services and gives you at-a-glance status for some of them. On the Home page, you can quickly check for new e-mail, new comments on your blog, or updates from your Spaces friends without having to go to each of those pages.
Today we’ve released a new version of the Windows Live Home page.
Here are some of the cool additions you’ll see starting today:
- Personalized page: You asked for it, you got it! A direct link to your Live.com personalized page, where you can add gadgets and RSS feeds to see the latest content that YOU want to see.
- Events: Our new event-planning service, Windows Live Events, now has a link on the Home page, too. Use it to help plan your next holiday party or night on the town. Read more about the Events service here.
- Family Safety: If you use Family Safety to help keep your kids safer online, now you can easily access their latest activities with a direct link from the Home page.
- Friends’ updates: Now you can see more specific info about your Spaces friends, like who they’ve become friends with, and what photos they’ve added recently.
- Free downloads: You can get the latest Windows Live software including Messenger, Mail, Photo Gallery, Toolbar, Family Safety, and Writer from the “More Windows Live services” link on the right side of the Home page. Install just one, or get them all.
You probably already know that you can get to your space from Windows Live Home. Make sure you do that today. As we mentioned in our last blog post, Spaces has just released a bunch of new features, including improved photo sharing, more info about your friends, and easier navigation. Want to know more? Check out the long list of great new features on the Space Craft blog.Microsoft, Windows Live, Home Page, HomePage