Microsoft is offering Windows Live Essentials Wave 4 to early adopters, for feedback. And since Messenger, along with clients such as Mail, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, etc. are still in Beta stage, it's expected that testers will run into problems. For this, Microsoft has a place "Windows Live Solution Center" to help. Customers can search the website to see the resolution, and in the eventuality if it hasn't, make it public and ask for help. A Microsoft moderator will provide a solution, if one is available.
- Clear entries in Windows Installer database by using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
- Download and install WI CleanUp Utility
- Start the utility. (Click Start, click All Programs, click WI Clean Up.)
- On Installed Products, select all instances that've (All Users) Windows Live on it. To make sure you're removing right programs, click one item at a time then click Remove button until all entries with (All Users) Windows Live are deleted from the list
- Click "Exit"
- Restart your computer
- Download Windows Live Essentials
More Info: Windows Live Solution Center