Once you install newly release Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 RTM, you’ll need to update the new Connector client on each of your computers. You may have did WHS Connector Installation originally with the Windows Home Server Client install DVD, but this time you can just install it from a folder share.
Here’re the steps:
- Navigate to the \\server\software folder (where “server” is the name of your home server).
- Open the folder “Home Server Connector Software”.
- Double click on the file Setup.exe to begin the install.
- As this will authorize the client to access the Windows Home Server, you will need to type in the Administrator password.
- Decide if you want future updates to install automatically (the default is yes)
- With Power Pack 1, you can instruction the Connector to wake up your PC each night (if it is off) to perform the backup. While this seems like an attractive prospect, note that if you travel, your PC could awaken while snuggly tucked away in it’s computer bag under the seat in front of you while on a red-eye back from Vegas. This is probably why the default if No. If you have a desktop, you can probably safely say Yes.
- After a few seconds, the install will be complete.
- Repeat this procedure on each computer in your home.