Rick Drasch has released the final version of his Recorded TV Manager add-in to the web. The add-in, previously in beta, is designed to help you manage your recorded TV programs and series between your Media Center PCs (or computers running other TV recording software) and Windows Home Server.
- Collections – Collect series episodes automatically to the Home Server (or other location) and then watch them in original broadcast order on any Media Center computer on the network. See Collection Scenarios.
- AutoMove – Automatically move all new recordings on a specific Media Center computer to the Home Server (or other location). Great for that old XP Media Center machine with the small hard drive!
- AutoDelete – Automatically delete duplicate recordings and previously watched episodes. Overcomes some of the shortcomings of the Media Center scheduler.
- Runs 24/7 on the Home Server as a Windows Service Application (What’s this?). Fully configurable using the Recorded TV Manager tab in the Windows Home Server Console from any connected client machine on the Home Server network.
- Series Info Database – Keeps track of every episode you’ve recorded and when it was watched, even after it’s deleted. Helps answer the question, “Did we see this episode?“
As with a few community add-ins previously released in beta, the software has now gone commercial, and is available for $24.95. We’ve had the software for the last week or so, and will be publishing a full review shortly.
WHS, Windows Home Server, Add-in, Addin, Recorded TV Manager, TV, Manager, Microsoft