Want more backup and shared storage capacity for your WHS? It's quick, easy and relatively inexpensive to add a 500 GB hard drive to your HP EX470/475 Home Server.
I chose the Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive from Egghead. The drive is quiet and reliable and Egghead has some of the best prices around (I spent just over $100 for mine). You can, of course, use any SATA drive you wish.
Now that you have a drive, just follow these simple instructions. There are no cables to attach and no tooled needed. It's so easy, even a novice can do this with confidence.
- Pull out the lowest empty drive tray.
- With the hard drive connectors facing away from you, angle the drive into the left set of pins in the tray.
- Flex the plastic on the right to snap the 2 opposite pins into place.
- Slide the tray back into the computer. Do *not* push on the handle or the tray will not slide easily.
- Lower the front try hinge until it snaps (the LED should turn purple)
- Go to the Windows Home Server console (i.e. double click the tray icon)
- Click on Server Storage where you should see the drive you just added
- Highlight the drive and click Add.
Source:→ Home Server