You've setup Windows Home Server, but when you bring up your web site, you see a stock photo of — and as quick question pop-up in you mind, if this is my Home Server, why doesn't Microsoft allow me to have my photo on the home page?
Here, we show you how to get rid of default page and replace it with a picture of your happy family. Before you begin, you will need the following:
- A photo editor such as Photoshop
- An image of your own
If you're ready to go, here are the steps to change the image.
- Open Windows Explorer (press the Window-E key) and go to \\homeserver\c$\Inetpub\home\images (where "homeserver" is the computer name of your Windows Home Server).
- You should see a file named i_landingpage_main.png. Load it into your favorite editor.
- The image contains not only the photo of the family described above, but some other blue gradient.
- Also load the image that you would like to use.
- Resize and/or crop your image to 359x250 pixels.
- Place your image on top of the pretty family and save the image back the Home Server as a 24bit PNG file.
- Finally, bring up a browser and go your your Home Server page and you should now see your shiny new image.
Source:→ Home Server HacksWHS, Windows Home Server, Website, Home, Page, Home Page, Landingpage, Image, Photo, Tips and Tricks