EBS is in a testing phase of the product right now. Our near feature complete Beta 2 has been available to an invite only Techbeta group since December. While it’s invite only, there are over 1000 people testing out the product and I’ll let you in on how to apply for that beta here – just for being one of our first Blog readers J
If you are interested in joining the Windows®Essential Business Server Beta:
- Please go to http://connect.microsoft.com
- Click on Invitations and sign in with your Windows Live ID (Passport ID)
- Enter the following invite ID: EBSE-VKDP-276Y
- You will be asked to take a short survey
- Once you complete the survey we will evaluate your application for participation in the Techbeta
- Then look for an email from MsftConn@microsoft.com with further details.
In the next phase of our product development, our RC0 (first Release Candidate build of EBS), we will be opening up a Public Beta. It will be similar to our current Techbeta of Beta 2 bits, but with a fresh build and no nomination application/acceptance required. This will be coming in the next few months.
Considerations on running the bits
Essential Business Server is a 3 server solution of new 64 bit applications, so you’ll need 3 64-bit servers to test it on (most servers you’ve bought in the last year or two will all be 64 bit). Virtualization support for Microsoft’s Windows Server Virtualization is coming, but not available yet. We’ll let you know here when we do.
Source:→ EBS Blog
Microsoft, EBS, Essential Business Server, Beta