Windows Azure Service Management API enables Windows Azure customers to programmatically manage their deployments, hosted services, and storage accounts.
Microsoft announced new Windows Azure Service Management API features that enable customers to manage the lifecycle of storage services -- specifically to programmatically create, update, or delete storage services using the following new methods: Create Storage Account; Update Storage Account; and Delete Storage Account.
"In addition, new versions of two existing Azure Service Management API methods enable customers to obtain additional information about their deployments and subscriptions."
- The new version of the Get Deployment method returns the following additional information
- Instance size, SDK version, input endpoint list, role name, VIP, port
- Update domain and fault domain of role instance
- The new version of the List Subscriptions method returns the following additional information: OperationStartedTime and OperationCompletedTime
- The request header to use the new versions of these methods is: "x-ms-version: 2011-06-01"
More Info: Windows Azure Service Management API.
[Source: Windows Azure team blog]