Microsoft today announced the release of a new versions of Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure Management Portal.
The SDK 1.4 includes following features:
- Windows Azure Connect:
- Multiple administrator support on the Admin UI.
- An updated Client UI with improved status notifications and diagnostic capabilities.
- The ability to install the Azure Connect client on non-English versions of Windows.
- Windows Azure CDN:
- Windows Azure CDN for Hosted Services: Developers can now use the Azure Web and VM roles as "origin" for objects to be delivered at scale via the Azure CDN. Static content in a website can be automatically edge-cached at locations throughout the US, Europe, Asia, Australia and South America to provide maximum bandwidth and lower latency delivery of website content to users.
- Serve secure content from the Azure CDN: A new checkbox option in the Azure management portal enables delivery of secure content via HTTPS through any existing Azure CDN account.
And, the new and improved Azure AppFabric Silverlight-based portal provides the same great experience as the Azure and SQL Azure Silverlight portals.
The new Silverlight portal has the same capabilities as the old portal with an improved Silverlight experience.
If you already opted in to use the new Silverlight-based portal for Azure or SQL Azure, the next time you open the portal via this url: http://windows.azure.com, you'll automatically see the new Silverlight AppFabric portal.