Comprehensive updates to Windows Azure Customer Support offerings, and free standard support is announced "till Dec 31, 2012."
Key improvements include "more areas covered by local language support, specialized support options that address a variety of needs including break/fix issues, rapid response guarantees, and on-site consulting for architecture and optimization decisions," Microsoft stated.
Effective immediately, "customers can choose from five support options." "All customers will receive Standard Support benefits through December 31, 2012 free of charge giving them time to evaluate and select the plan that best suits their business needs," the Azure team added.
"These new support offers reflect the expanded role of support in the public cloud."
Here are the highlights of the updated support program -- per Microsoft blog post:
- "All levels of support receive:
- Improved forum support with twice the number of Microsoft engineers that provide timely answers to customers free of charge.
- Increased seniority and technical expertise from our support engineers.
- New support interface within the Management portal for faster support ticket submissions and the ability to manage, track, and interact with support engineers online.
- Expanded global support with eight languages including: English, Chinese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Flat rate monthly pricing.
- Additional Benefits for Professional Direct and Premier
- Faster response time with priority routing and escalation assistance.
- Access to technical managers who understand your business and have knowledge of your application and environment.
- Access to advisory services to help customers with specific features, architectural, and implementation questions.
- A host of online or in-person professional services including:
- .NET Application Migration
- Application Scalability
- Application Cost Effectiveness
- Infrastructure and Identity
- Knowledge Transfer
- Developing Windows Azure Solutions Workshop
- Windows Azure Proof of Concept Accelerator
- Windows Azure Application Monitoring and Diagnostic Workshop
- Process Optimization
- Implementing Windows Azure Release Management," the company informs.