If you want to try out new multi-touch capabilities in Windows 7, you would need a PC that supports multiple touch points. Here’re few:
- HP TouchSmart All-in-One PCs (IQ500 series & IQ800 series)
- HP TouchSmart tx2 Tablet PC
- Dell Latitude XT Tablet PC
To enable multi-touch capabilities on these PCs running Windows 7 Beta you will need latest multi-touch beta drivers. The driver allows the digitizer screen to support multiple touch points.
- For HP TouchSmart All-in-One PCs, open Windows Update, then click “Check for Updates” link on your left so it will find the driver.
- For the Dell Latitude XT and HP TouchSmart tx2 Tablet PCs: the drivers are available now on N-Trig’s website.
The following features in Windows 7 Beta take advantage of multi-touch capabilities:
- Windows Paint has some cool new brushes that’re designed for multi-touch, click on the Brushes gallery and pick any one, lik Oil Brush. Now try finger painting.
- Internet Explorer 8 has panning feature with touch; you can place your finger anywhere on a page and drag up or down to scroll the page. You can also use touch to navigate along the taskbar. The new Jump Lists on the taskbar are touch optimized.
- Windows Media Center is also touch optimized.
- Finally, to make buttons and controls bigger and easier to touch, go to the Start menu and type display, then choose the Medium or Larger size and you will find that everything is easier to target with your finger.
Source:→ Windws Blog