KB2590914 is now live on the Microsoft Support site, an article designed to provide a list of recommended updates, as Microsoft put it, for Group Policy in Windows client and Server products, including Windows 7.
This article summarizes the recommended hotfixes and updates for issues that occur in an Active Directory environment using Windows Group Policies or Windows Group Policy Preferences, Microsoft stated in KB2590914.
This list is an aggregate of common issues seen with Group Policy or Group Policy Preferences. Do not proactively install the following hotfixes unless needed. If you feel you are experiencing an issue listed below, install the hotfix for that specific issue.
The hotfixes and updates are arranged by component areas in Group Policy or Group Policy Preferences and apply to Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the Readmond compnay added.
NOTE: The list below is not intended to act as a comprehensive list of all available hotfixes for Group Policy or Group Policy Preferences.
Group Policy and Group Policy Management Console Updates:
- 2261826 – You cannot find a network drive in the “Browse For Folder” dialog box in the GPMC MMC snap-in on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows 7
- 927908 – Some security policies are displayed as “Not Defined” in the RSoP snap-in on a Windows Server 2003-based domain controller
- 981750 – Error message occurs when you use GPMC to view a software restriction Group Policy setting in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2: “An error has occurred while collecting data for Software Restriction Policies”
- 2258620 – You cannot find the “Find Now,” “Stop,” and “Clear All” buttons in the GPMC snap-in on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
- 976922 – The “Run only allowed Windows applications” Group Policy setting displays no entries on a computer that is running Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, or Windows 7
- 2409336 – (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;2409336) “Unable to cast object of type ‘System.String’ to type ‘Microsoft.Group.Policy.Reporting.Extensions.Registry.RegistryValue’.” error message when you try to generate a report for a GPO
Group Policy Preferences Updates:
- 951430 – A non-administrator user cannot log on to a domain from a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 if you set the locale information for the user by using a Group Policy preference setting
- 982606 -The value of the “State” registry item is changed after a Group Policy preferences setting is applied in Windows Server 2008, in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008 R2
- 974266 – Group Policy Preferences Client-Side Extension Hotfix Rollup
- – Group Policy Modeling Wizard fails when you have registry updates in the Group Policy preference on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 R2
- 979731 – Some Group Policy preferences are not applied successfully on computers that are running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.