Wikipedia unleashed some new improvements “With a beta testing group of 635k people and an 83% user retention rate, we’re proud to introduce you to Wikipedia’s new look & feel.” Here’s what’s new:
- New theme “Vector” makes essential functions easier to find
- Improved navigation for reading & editing pages. Tabs at top of each page more clearly define whether you’re reading or editing. Also a collapsible navigation for left sidebar hides items that aren’t used often, but allows them to continue to be easily accessible
- Reorganized editing toolbar make it easier to use. Now, formatting pages is simpler & more intuitive. And new table wizard make creating tables easier. You’ll also discover new find & replace feature to simplify page editing
- An easy-to-use tool allows you to add links to other pages on Wikipedia, or to pages on external sites
- Search suggestions are now improved to get you to page you’re looking for more quickly
- Create a book by selecting Wikipedia articles & adding them to Book Creator. Your articles will be turned into PDF (or OpenDocument) file so you can easily take Wikipedia wherever you go
- Updated Wikipedia Puzzle globe and wordmark have been enhanced & improved. We’ve introduced Linux Libertine, an open source typeface to help support creation of hundreds of localized Wikipedia wordmarks, and internationally-recognized puzzle globe has been recreated in 3D and includes even more languages.