In this week's episode, rian Keller, Dan Fernandez on Channell 9 with Chris Auld discuss the week's top developer news, including:
- [00:50] IE9 Blog - Internet Explorer 9 RC now available for download, includes perf improvements, geolocation API, and lots more
- [02:40] Scott Guthrie - Live mvcConf Keynote and Q&A from the Channel 9 studio (mvcConf site) and lots of sessions coming soon
- [03:57] Girish Raja - Dynamics CRM 2011 Developer Training Kit and Chris explains to us why Dynamics CRM deserves a second look from typical ASP.NET developers
- [08:09] Brandon Watson - Windows Phone Developer Tools January Update support for copy and paste, improved app performance and other enhancements
- [08:56] Mike Hadlow - AsmSpy - Identify assembly version conflicts
- [09:40] Rudi Grobler - Professional Audio Recorder Windows Phone 7 application uses XNA and nAudio to record and visual audio
- [10:31] Opinionated Geek - How Windows Phone 7 Live Tiles work, their limitations and what you'll need to build them
- [12:43] David Anson - Implementing a Silverlight-based PNG encoder using IEnumerable
- [13:36] Wade Wegner - How to overlay text on Video using Expression Encoder 4, via Coding4Fun
- [14:33] Visiblox - Everything a developer needs to know about Styles in Silverlight, via .NET Kicks
Evolving Practices in Using jQuery and Ajax in ASP.NET MVC Applications session will show you things Eric Sowell have learned and practices, and have started using more consistently in my own projects, at work and on the side, to build better, more consistent and more re-usable ajax functionality into my sites.
Shay Friedman: The Big Comparison of ASP.NET MVC View Engines In this session you will learn the differences between the view engines available to you at the moment -the web forms view engine, Spark, NHaml and Razor.
Amir Barylko: Quality Driven Web Acceptance Testing: In this session see how easy is to setup capybara, how we can start using it in minutes and how will change the way you are writing automated acceptance tests.
Chris Canal: Real World Application Development with Mvc3 NHibernate, FluentNHibernate and Castle Windsor: In this session we will look at how we can use a number of popular .Net OSS projects to develop a real world application. Based on production code, we will look at how using a combination of NHibernate, FluentNHibernate, Castle Windsor and a number of other OSS (AutoMapper, MvcContrib, FluentMvc) to reduce the friction of application development and remove a lot of infrastructural concerns. We will explore how we can leverage these tools to drive a convention based development experience and make it easier for ourselves and team mates to write applications and deliver what the client wants.
Troels Thomsen: Deploy ASP.NET MVC with No Effort: The speak will include a brief overview of the AppHarbor architecture and showcase how easy you can move your application to the cloud and take advantage of the platform.
Jeffrey Palermo: MVC Q&A: This session is 100% Q&A, and YOU drive the content.
Steven Smith: Improving ASP.NET MVC Application Performance: In this session, we'll look at some of the common performance problems ASP.NET MVC applications may encounter, and how to diagnose and correct them, using Visual Studio 2010's testing tools.
Chris Zavaleta: Entity Framework "Code First": Domain Driven CRUD: This presentation will demonstrate Entity Framework's new "Code First" functionality. Domain driven design (DDD) puts focus on the business domain with the database as an "after the fact" process. This presents an alternative approach as compared to traditional "database centric" applications. Using "code first" will allow for a rich domain model to be surfaced up to the database as “in memory” objects via a repository pattern.
Vaidy Gopalakrishnan: IIS Express: This session will describe the product architecture, relationship to IIS and the advantages over Cassini.