Windows Live Essentials Wave 4 taking advantage of GPU-accelerated graphics and animations, using new Windows 7 "ribbon" user interface, integrating jumplists into Win7 taskbar, and much more to provide you with a great experience. The goal of connecting Win7 to cloud with WLE natively connects to services you already use – not just ones from Microsoft. new Windows Live Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Mail, and Messenger connect to photo & video sharing (SkyDrive, Flickr, YouTube, Facebook, SmugMug), social networking (Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn), email (Hotmail, GMail, Yahoo! Mail), blogging (Spaces, WordPress, Blogger), and document productivity (Office Web Apps) services. And with new Live Sync, Windows keeps your files synchronized on web & across multiple PCs. You can also directly access your PC over web with new remote desktop feature.
- New Photo Gallery focused on making your photos easy to organize, find, fix and share regardless of whether you use social networks, email or photo sharing sites like Flickr – just select the photos and videos you want to share, click the service you want in the ribbon, and we'll publish them for you.
- You can use new Win7 ribbon interface to quickly narrow down photos by date taken, rating, tag (including geo-tag) or any combination you choose.
- Photo Gallery introduces "facial recognition" tech that quickly organizes and finds photos according to people in them. As you tag people in your photos, Photo Gallery learns what each person looks like and automatically suggests additional photos that they're in.
- Take your photos and "make a movie" in a few clicks with Movie Maker, which includes beautiful new transitions and rich visual effects to create movie magic. You can share slide show while you're watching it! Just choose some photos in Photo Gallery and click "Slide show." Right there, Photo Gallery hits you with beautiful full-screen animated slide show, complete with movie-style themes.
- Microsoft connected Photo Gallery to Live Mail and SkyDrive to share photos & video via email. With one click we'll take your photos from Photo Gallery into Live Mail and apply a beautiful photo album template. You can send album to anyone, regardless of email service or size of inbox.