Microsoft made available to download the "Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Training Kit" through Download Center -- includes hands-on labs to help you understand how to take advantage of the variety of enhancements in Visual Studio 11 and the .NET Framework 4.5, how to support and manage the entire application lifecycle and how to build Windows Metro style apps, revealed Microsoft.
There are two files you can download to install this Training Kit, that lets you customize the install to your desires. Also, in the future, you can download additional labs without having to install the entire kit again.
- The 37 MB file (VS11TrainingKitOctober2001.Setup.exe) contains the entire Training Kit. Install this and you will have all of the labs.
- The 2 MB file (VS11TK_WebInstaller_Preview.exe) uses the new Content Installer from DPE. When you run this exe you can choose which labs to install.
The VS11 DP Training Kit contains the following content:
Visual Studio Development Environment
- A Lap Around the Visual Studio 11 Development Environment
- Asynchronous Programming in .NET 4.5 with C# and Visual Basic
- What's New in ASP.NET and Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview
- What's New in ASP.NET Web Forms 4.5
- Build RESTful APIs with WCF Web API
Application Lifecycle Management
- Building the Right Software: Generating Storyboards and Collecting Stakeholder Feedback with Visual Studio 11
- Agile Project Management in Team Foundation Server 11
- Making Developers More Productive with Team Foundation Server 11
- Diagnosing Issues in Production with IntelliTrace and Visual Studio 11
- Exploratory Testing and Other Enhancements in Microsoft Test Manager 11
- Unit Testing with Visual Studio 11: MSTest, NUnit, xUnit.net, and Code Clone
Windows Metro Style Apps
- Windows 8 Developer Preview Hands on Labs from BUILD. NOTE: The Training Kit contains a link to these labs at http://www.buildwindows.com/labs and does not include the labs themselves.
You can download Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Training Kit from Microsoft Download Center.