Jeff Nuckolls, Senior Technology Specialist in Microsoft's Education Solutions Group, responsible for the Microsoft Application Platform put together a few videos delivering step-by-step instructions on how to migrate an existing ASP.NET application and a SQL Server database to Windows Azure and SQL Azure respectively.
Here're the walk-in steps:
- Setup your environment, download/install the required tools, and create your Azure Subscriptions.
- Create a simple ASP.NET web application and SQL Server database using Visual Studio 2010.
- SQL Server migration to SQL Azure.
- ASP.NET (on-premise) to SQL Azure hybrid integration.
- Migrate ASP.NET application Windows Azure.
Videos in order: