Our goal is not to provide the solution to every conceivable way of potentially managing your desktop, but rather to provide an amazing way to manage your desktop along with customizations and personalizations plus a platform where people can develop tools that further enhance the desktop in unique and innovative ways.[…]
We saw several pieces of feedback popping up consistently throughout the comments. Paraphrasing the feedback (more details below), it sounds like there’s strong sentiment on these points:
- The size of windows matters, but wasting time resizing windows is annoying.
- Just let me decide where the windows go – I know best where my windows belong.
- Dragging files around is cumbersome because the target window (or desktop) is often buried.
- Desire for better ways to peek at the running windows in order to find what we’re trying to switch to.
- Want a predictable way to make the window fit the content (not necessarily maximized).
- Want to keep my personalized glass color, even when a window is maximized.