Office Lens app is now universal across the Windows 10 PCs and Mobile. The update to the app features visual redesign and stability improvements.
Current features of the app include:
- With Whiteboard mode, Office Lens trims and cleans up glare and shadows
- With Document mode, Office Lens trims and colors images perfectly
- Pictures are saved to your camera roll and also directly into OneNote, so you can see the images across all your devices
- Choose to convert images to PDF (.pdf), Word (.docx), or PowerPoint (.pptx) files that are automatically saved to OneDrive
"Office Lens is an app that helps make documents and whiteboards readable when taking pictures of them, as well as making it easier to save business cards. It works by trimming and enhancing the viewport of the camera as you take the picture. It then uploads and saves the taken images to OneNote, so that they can be viewed across any device."
You can download the app at Windows Store here.
Data Deduplication documentation for Windows Server 2016 is live over at TechNet!
Microsoft explains, "the new documentation includes a more detailed explanation of how Dedup works, crisper guidance on how to evalute workloads for duplication here, and information on the available Dedup settings with context for why you would want to change them here."
Anniversary Update of Windows 10 version 1607, which was released earlier this month to general public will be available to Enterprise customers soon.
The build 1607 Enterprise edition additionally support Windows Information Protection (a.k.a. Enterprise Data Protection).
For those new, "Windows Information Protection (WIP) is a new security feature introduced in Windows 10, version 1607 to protect against data leaks."
Offline Files does not support WIP, you should use a modern file sync solution such as Work Folders or OneDrive for Business that supports WIP.
Benefits of WIP include:
- Separation between personal and corporate data, without requiring employees to switch environments or apps
- Additional data protection for existing line-of-business apps without a need to update the apps
- Ability to wipe corporate data from devices while leaving personal data alone
- Use of audit reports for tracking issues and remedial actions
- Integration with your existing management system (Microsoft Intune, System Center Configuration Manager 2016, or your current mobile device management (MDM) system) to configure, deploy, and manage WIP for your company
For additional information on Windows Information Protection, reference this TechNet documentation.
Microsoft C/C++ extension for Visual Studio Code August 2016, update introduces the following features:
- Debug your Windows applications using Visual Studio Code
- Improve your code-formatting experience with clang-format
- Improvements to auto-complete, reports VC team.
The Visual Studio Code C/C++ extension were launched earlier this year at //Build.