Twitter for BlackBerry update introduces new features that makes it easier to share links to web pages directly from the browser. "When you tweet a link it will automatically be shortened so it takes up fewer characters," Twitter informed.
And, you can upload photos to Twitter (pic.twitter.com) right from your device's camera or when writing your Tweets.
Now you can connect your Twitter account with BlackBerry Messenger. This makes it possible to share your latest Tweet as your BBM Personal Message. You can also access your contacts' Twitter accounts right from their BBM profiles.
You can download this version of Twitter for BlackBerry from BlackBerry App World.
In other BlackBerry news, RIM has now officially released the entire BlackBerry Mobile Fusion solution, including the Universal Device Service. "Similar to how BlackBerry Device Service provides a set of security and management features for BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, the Universal Device Service provides Mobile Device Management for iOS and Android based devices," BlackBerry posted.
"This doesn't turn a random phone into a BlackBerry smartphone! BlackBerry Enterprise Server (conveniently accessible through Mobile Fusion's unified, web-console, Mobile Fusion Studio) pushes out 500+ IT policies to BlackBerry smartphones. This is the champagne of enterprise mobility solutions, giving organizations back-end integration and end-to-end security that only BlackBerry offers; accessed through feature rich BlackBerry smartphones in a multitude of form factors that end-users desire," explains BlackBerry.
Heres is what exactly does BlackBerry Mobile Fusion let you do in terms of managing non-BlackBerry devices:
- Activate and configure devices and profiles over the air
- Enable access to enterprise Mail, Calendar and PIM
- Administer users and groups, natively and directory based
- Establish corporate IT Policies and Security
- Manage lost devices - Password Reset, Device Lock, Device Wipe
- Set Wi-Fi and VPN settings
- Deploy internally-developed apps
- Define (and enforce) public applications as mandatory or optional
- Provides Notifications to the Device User
- Provides Rooting & Jailbreak Detection
- Help manage Roaming to control your data costs
- Prevent apps from accessing corporate mail accounts