Twitter's iOS app, which is at version 4.2, which helps you receive instant updates from your friends & othes, and what's happening around the world on the go -- going to release a major update.
The new upcoming version 4.3 for iOS will bring with it several new features that will focus on interactivity, better notifications, search, overall performance, and more. The update was discovered through the redesigned App Store for iOS 6, reports 9to5ac.
The following are some of the improvements alongside a slew of other tweaks, more polish, and bug fixes in version 4.3:
- More interactive Tweet view experience: content previews, videos, images and more will now be shown within tweets containing links to "partner websites."
- Tweets about "selected events" will now be highlighted. Twitter will curate the relevant tweets and images
- In the Connect tab, autocomplete improvements will be now be present. Twitter rolled out something similar to their official website last week.
- Major push notifications enhancement: You will now be able to choose to receive push notifications when certain people tweet
- Like in Tweetbot, you will now be able to receive unobtrusive Twitter notifications while you are using the app.
- The Discover tab will now be able to alert users when new content is ready for perusal
- Personalized Trends: You will now be able to tap a user's avatar to be taken to their profile page
- Improved performance: You will now be able to manually input your password when having authentication issues
- Hungarian localization
- Finally: the new Twitter logo will be featured on the icon
The app once released will be live here on the iTunes App Store.