The blog post help you provide guidance around a common scenario where the partner receives submission errors when they directly upload the XML results into MPR.
- App was tested using the Compatible with Windows 7 Logo toolkit.
- Resulting XML file indicated a Pass or Pass with Warning.
- Attempted to upload XML file into the MPR website.
- Error occurs with the message: "Error: There was a problem processing your test results. Please try again."
A submission package must be created using Microsoft Platform Ready Test tool. This'll be in the format of an encrypted ZIP file. This ZIP file is uploaded to MPR website
Download MPR Test Tool:
- Log-in to MPR website
- Go to "My MPR"
- Select one of your profiled apps.
- Select "Test" tab in the middle of the screen
- Select "Test My Apps" on the left
- Find "Test Toolkit: Download" link
- Take note of "Your Application ID". You'll need this when creating a submission package at the end of your testing.
After creating the submission package using MPR; return to "Test My Apps" page.
- Click "Browse" button
- Browse to the location of submission package ZIP file
- Click "OK" button
- Click "Upload" button to upload the file
This tool is named “MPR Test Tool 1.0”. See screenshot for how it should look.
The emedded video “Testing Windows 7 Readiness Using the Microsoft Platform Ready Test Tool below discusses the steps involved in running MPR. This session focuses on Win7, but along the right panel you’ll find links to other MPR technologies.
[tags]mpr,microsoft platfom ready,windows 7 logo toolkit[/tags]