If you’re a Microsoft Outlook 2010 Beta users, experiencing crashes when trying to use new Outlook Social Connector Beta February Update, released along with LinkedIn Provider for Outlook. Please note: “OSC that was included with Outlook 2010 Beta must be uninstalled before installing new OSC Beta FU, after its installed, the LinkedIn Provider for Outlook can then be installed. If you’ve installed OSC Beta FU and Outlook is crashing, follow the steps outlined below; As a reminder, only 32-bit Outlook is supported right now:
- UninstallOSC Beta installed from the Download Center.
- To uninstall, in Control Panel, go to Programs and Features control panel (Windows 7, Vista) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP), click entry for Microsoft Office Outlook Social Connector 32-bit, and then click Remove.
- Uninstall old version of OSC that was included with Outlook 2010 Beta. In Microsoft Windows, click Start button, and then click Control Panel. Then, do one of following:
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features. Click Microsoft Office 2010 entry, and then click Change.
- Microsoft Windows XP Click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs. Click Microsoft Office 2010 entry, and then click Change.
- In Microsoft Office 2010 Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
- Click + to expand Microsoft Outlook folder, and then click + to expand Outlook Add-ins folder to view Outlook Social Connector.
- Click + to expand Outlook Social Connector, and then click Not Available.
- Click Continue, and then complete change.
- You can now install OSC Beta again from Download Center.
You don’t have to reinstall LinkedIn Provider.