Beginning today on Oct. 31, Bing Ads no longer supports Campaign Analytics, instead to track conversions such as purchases, sign ups and downloads to their sites, advertisers should now use "Universal Event Tracking".
This is a follow up, the earlier annoucement of sunsetting Campaign Analytics, as well as migration plan to Universal Event Tracking (UET). The team notes, those who are yet to move to UET, must ensure to make the move now, with the steps outlined as under:
Check to see any auto-created UET tag with tag name "UETTag_Autogen_for_CA" under "Conversion Tracking -> UET tags".
Those who don't have auto created UET tag, should now create new conversion goals and UET tag. Else, skip to sep three.
Once you've got your conversion goal(s) and UET tag, advertisers should be adding new UET tag to their website and remove any existing Campaign Analytics tags.
Follow these instructions on how to set up conversion goal and UET tag:
- Create conversion Goal (verbatim):
- Click the Campaigns tab, and then on the left pane, click Conversion Tracking.
- Under Conversion Tracking, click Conversion Goals.
- On the conversion goals page, click Create conversion goal.
- Enter a name for your goal in the Goal name box. When naming your goal, use a descriptive name that makes sense to you. (For example, "Checkout page".)
- Choose the type of conversion you want to track: Destination URL, Duration, Pages viewed per visit, Event, or Mobile app install.
- Fill in the appropriate values for the goal type you choose.
- You can also assign a Conversion window to the conversion and enter a conversion period to track up to 90 days in the past.
- Select the UET tag that you want to associate with this conversion goal.
- Select if you want to this goal to apply to all accounts or a specific account.
- Click Save.
- Create a UET tag (verbatim):
- Click the Campaigns page, and then on the left pane, click Conversion Tracking.
- Under Conversion Tracking, click UET tags.
- Note: If this is the first time you are creating a tag, you can also click Get Started on the Conversion Tracking page.
- Click Create UET tag and then enter a name.
- Optional: Enter a description that helps you identify the UET tag in the future. We recommend that you enter the website page name or URL.
- Click Save.
- In the View UET tag tracking code box, click either Copy, Download or Email, and then click Done.
To add an UET tag to a website, you can either, add the tag directly to your website, or by using the Tag Manager, refer this help article for steps to add a tag to your site.
Here is a list of the currently supported tag managers that allow copy/paste of the UET tag: "Google Tag Manager, Qubit (Opentag), Tealium, Ensighten, BrightTag (Signal), Adobe Tag Manager."
Additionally, following few tag managers also have a UET template:
- Google Tag Manager
- Qubit (Opentag)
- Ensighten, writes bing ads.