Top Post by Category plugin allows you to display the best posts, as determined by the number of visits to the post or number of comments.
- You can choose between displaying top visited posts or top commented posts.
- You can choose to diplay top posts by category or you can display the top posts regardless of category (or as I would like to call it ala Royal Rumble)
- You can choose to display the actual number of visits or comments for each post featured on the best list.
- You can control the number of top posts to display, i.e. display N top posts per category.
Installation & usage:
- Download Top Post plugin, and extract to a local folder.
- Upload extracted content to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate from the plugins page in WordPress admin panel.
- Go to OPTIONS > Top Post to customize options
- To display your Top Posts list on your sidebar, put <?php tpbc_list ();?> where you want the list to show up.
- To display your Top Posts list within a page or within a post, edit the particular page or post, then put [ tpbc_list ] (remove spaces) where you want the list to show up.
- Extra Option: The TPBC plugin uses its own visits counter. To display the “Visited N times” on your post pages like on my blog, just add <?php tpbc_visits (); ?> to your post template.
Top Post by Category, Plugin, WordPress, Blog, Blogging