There’s a lot of really cool things that can be done using and I’ve found some of the following resources to be very helpful to inspire ideas and learn new techniques. There’s a lot of good CSS tutorials out there so it’s pretty hard to narrow it down to only the 10 best. So instead of taking this list as the top 10 consider it as a collection of 10 great tutorials. I recommend having a good working knowledge of CSS/HTML before trying any of these on your own site.
4. Listamatic – This isn’t just one tutorial, there is actually hundreds of them. All for building lists in CSS. Any kind of list you can image there’s a tutorial for it here. This is a very awesome resource that has helped me a number of times.
5. Floatutorial – Like #4 this is a whole bunch of tutorials rolled into one page. Floatutorial takes you through the basics of floating elements such as images, drop caps, next and back buttons, image galleries, inline lists and multi-column layouts. Anything you can imagine using floating elements for is covered here.
7. 40 CSS Layouts – Here’s another one that isn’t a tutorial. It’s a collection of 40 valid CSS based layouts without using hacks or workarounds. Instead of just downloading a layout from here I would recommend looking at the code and figuring it out from there. Sure it’s a little harder but just remember the old saying about teaching a man to fish.
9. CSS Drop Shadows – This is a great tutorial that will show you how to add a drop shadow effect to your images using CSS.
10. Style Sheet Switcher – Have you ever wondered how some websites offer you different choices so you can select a theme? Wonder no more. Follow this simple tutorial and you can offer your users control over the look of your website. You can break it down into individual preferences for fonts, colors, layout or orientation.
What are some of your favorite CSS tutorials?