This is a featured posts plugin that provides configurable links to posts that you want to highlight on your blog. The output from the plugin can be displayed as a widget in the sidebar of your WordPress 2.2+ blog.
- Configure the number of posts to be displayed and the method of selecting the posts (alphabetically, newest, oldest or randomly) displayed from the pool of posts.
- Define the pool of posts, by selecting individual posts or whole categories from which featured posts will be drawn.
- For featured posts show post title and optionally date, author and an excerpt of the post content.
- Optionally] Select the frequency with which featured posts are reselected.
- [Optionally] Choose to leave posts in the pool of posts after they have been featured or to remove them.
Installation & usage:
- Download and extract to a local folder.
- Upload extracted contents to /wp-content/plugins/ folder, and activate under Plugins tab in the WordPress Admin panel.
- Go to the ‘Those Were The Days’ options page (Under ‘Options’ on the main admin menu) and configure!
- To activate the widget click the ‘Presentation’ then ‘Widgets’ menu options and drag the ‘Those Were The Days’ block into your sidebar.
- View you site Refresh it once and the widget will start to operate!
Those Were The Days, Featured Posts, Widget, WordPress Widget, Posts