"Think Retail: The Future is Now," Google's invite-only retail summit, was held on July 12 in Mountain View, CA. The event reached over 950 marketing leaders and agency executives.
Think Retail explored the ever-evolving marketplace, how to most effectively leverage digital assets, and how to best connect with today's consumers. The event provided a new perspective on the increasingly digital consumer shopping experience and offered new ideas and opportunities for marketers to make more meaningful consumer connections and increase online and offline sales.
Retail Fast Facts:
- Ecommerce continues to accelerate and increased 15.2% year over year in June, the eighth straight month of double-digit growth, and the 23rd month in a row that online purchases have grown
- 50% of retail sales will be online influenced by 2012
- 71% of consumers say that reviews from family or friends influence their purchase decisions
- 79% of smartphone shoppers use phones to help make a purchase.
- 88% of smartphone users seeking local information take action within a day
Key highlights included:
- Matt Nemer from Wells Fargo's insights into why "We are on the brink of another acceleration in eCommerce"
- Andy Mantis from MasterCard's analysis of consumer spending trends and predictions for the holidays
- Product experts from Google sharing trends in local, mobile and video, and how retailers can incorporate these strategies into their marketing mix
- Avinash Kaushik's sharing of best practices for multi-channel online attribution
- Google's Social team's peek into the Google+ project - real-life sharing , rethought for the web. The team gave a demo on how to use circles, huddles, sparks and more. They also shared how clients using Google Analytics can gain insight into social engagement on their website (see below)
Below we've embedded event videos:
Think Retail live stream:
The Mobile Movement:
You can access the presentations and other contents here.
[Source: Retail Advertising Blog]