The TFS Integration Tools is a project developed by the Team Foundation Server (TFS) product group and the Visual Studio ALM Rangers to integrate TFS with third party systems for migration and synchronization of data. Although the tools can be used for many purposes, planning, thorough testing and honest evaluation of extra resources and cost that'll be required should precede any decision to use the Integration Tools. The Integration Tools aren't intended to replace a server upgrade as a path to TFS2010 and this scenario should be avoided if possible.
This March 2011 release is an update to the August 2010 release that fixes several important bugs that were reported by customers. No new scenarios are enabled in this release. If you're using the Aug '10 release, you should upgrade to this release by uninstalling your current tool and installing this version in its place.
The March 2011 release includes following features:
- Out of the box adapter to TFS2010
- Out of the box adapter to TFS2008
- Out of the box adapter to Rational ClearCase
- Out of the box adapter to Rational ClearQuest
- Out of the box adapter for File system based version control migrations
- Updated documentation, guidance and case studies (readiness package)
- Updated User Interface to configure and run integrations
- Synchronization monitoring tools and reports
More Info: TFS Integration Platform Updated (Mar ‘11)