Microsoft has released System Center Updates Publisher 2011 to the web today. "System Center Updates Publisher enables independent software vendors, OEMs and IT administrators to import, manage and develop software update definitions which can be deployed with System Center Configuration Manager."
"System Center Updates Publisher is an application that enables independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers and IT administrators to import software update catalogs, create and modify software update definitions, export update definitions to catalogs, and publish software updates information to a configured update server. By using Updates Publisher to define software updates and publish them to the update server, administrators can begin detecting and deploying published updates with SCCM to client and server computers in their organization," Microsoft stated.
Updates Publisher 2011 is packed full of new features and additions with just a few of them listed below:
- Simpler setup with no database installation
- An improved user interface that allows better control of managing software updates
- Improved applicability rule authoring experience
- Improved performance when importing and managing software updates
- The ability to create software update bundles
- The ability to define prerequisite and superseded updates as part of a software update definition
- A new “Automatic” publication type with which Updates Publisher 2011 can query Configuration Manager to determine whether the selected software updates should be published with full content or only metadata
- A new Software Update Cleanup Wizard that you can use to expire software updates that exist on the update server, but are not in the Updates Publisher 2011 repository
More Info: Download